Monsters & Magical Sticks by Steven Heller deals with the power of hypnosis and means to attain it through story telling. The central theme of the book is that “there is no such thing as hypnosis”, as we all are in hypnotic state (i.e. not registering all of our environment) most of the time.
- Parenting and teaching are very powerful forms of hypnosis (2+2=4)
- People are in a state of constant hypnosis in everyday life
- People enter explicit hypnotic states several times per day
- Pacing/utilization/matching of input/output system lead to more or less instant hypnosis
- Memory recall leads to instant hypnosis
- All kinds of story telling lead to hypnotic states